11.18.2008

I did take my meds, right?

If you've followed me through blogland for a long time, you know occasionally I rant about my office - well, coworkers, bosses, etc. Regardless .. you've now been warned. ;-)

From my own form of PTSD or whatever, I have a very low tolerance for noise & certain sounds are my own extreme form of Chinese water torture. Clacking keyboards, loose dentures, pens being clicked repeatedly - all rank up there with fingernails across a chalkboard for me. And, unfortunately for both of us, the coworker who sits in the cubicle across from my office loudly breezes in each morning, then proceeds to rapid-fire whatever into her computer - keys of her keyboard screaming in agony at the pain she inflicts on them. Meanwhile, I sit in my office, cringing, wanting to explode into some superHulk, able to rip her hands from her keyboard in a nannosecond.

So, here I sit ... door pushed closed most of the way, internet radio playing ... trying to not throw my door open & scream at her to be quiet. Hmm .. it helped to imagine myself as a hulked up whatever, ripping her keyboard to pieces. *lol*

I wish I had the discipline to work at home. I don't think I do, so I have to suck it up & push myself through the days, beyond thankful for the days she isn't here.

Why can't I win the lottery I don't play? ;o)

2 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I'm like you. I CANNOT stand when people clip their fingernails! I feel for you. ((((HUGS)))) Maybe we should get you the Dead Fred Pen Holder ;o)

zoomcity said...

Oh, Nancy, I can't stand that stuff, either. I have to ask my son to stop doing something of that nature three or four times a day.

And my dh is always telling me to hurry up and win the lottery, even though I never buy tickets. LOL