12.01.2008

A friend shares...

A friend shares daily pieces of attitudes & thoughts from one of her daily readings. Today's is somewhat poignant, considering an experience I've had recently:

As I look back over this year, I will consider calmly my actions and attitudes, just as though I were evaluating the progress of someone else. I will not make it an occasion for guilt and regret. I will blame no one else for anything that happened, for I have learned in Alanon that I am not a judge of others. This day, and the days to come, will be filled with opportunities to make more of myself.
The purpose of my inventory is to get a clear picture of where I now stand, to recognize shortcomings that still need to be corrected, and not to use any self-deceiving means of justifying them.


This is a much-needed reminder for me that I have no reason to feel guilty ... that I have nothing to apologize for, regardless of how others' actions & words create discord & turmoil. My emotional reaction right now is one of hurt, disbelief, bewilderment. But I will continue to reassure myself that I did not cause what's occurred ... I am surprised that some feel a need to create 'sides' rather than live a life that reflects purported beliefs. And my ramblings here are just that ... ramblings of bewilderment. *deep breath* Life does indeed go on & I will move forward, clear in my own conscience.

p.s. Thank you for those who've left such wonderfully encouraging comments! All is good ... Every path has to have a few stumbles but I've learned to pick myself up & keep moving.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Very true to a lot of life's happenings. I'm with you. Change is a good thing and you shouldn't be ridiculed because of the fact that you change. If others can't accept that then "they" need help with their lives not you.

I'm done with the mean people, the ones who feel they need to suck up to others in order to complete themselves. I'm done with cliques. I'm done with narrow mindness. Next year is going to be even better than this year was, you'll see. It's all in what you make it.

I'm sorry you're going through a bad time but don't let it get you down. Chin up and screw them all. They want you to know they hurt you, don't let them. Let them wallow in their misery alone.

{{HUGS}}

Pumpkin said...

I hope everything is ok Nancy. I think sometimes people have nothing better to do or they just enjoy hurting others. Take heart, there still are some nice ones out there ;o) ((((HUGS))))

WendyCarole said...

((((((((((((((Nancy))))))))))))))))