12.07.2008

Lists

The prompt today centered on organizing ... I chose 'lists' since I'm extremely anal & live for lists! They're everywhere ... in my Curve, in my purse, on my desk ... everywhere!












Had this big discussion with T last night as he looked at the JYC pages I created. As often happens, it was more a grammatical discussion than anything else - but it really got under my skin. I know grammar, spelling, editing ... it's a passion, an obsession of mine & my education more than serves me well. He kept insisting I was keeping a diary not a journal. I kept insisting they're the same thing, which he kept debating 'til we reached the "ok! we're not discussing this anymore!" from him. *sigh* Of course, I just now looked up the definitions:

jour·nal (jûrnl)n.1.
a. A personal record of occurrences, experiences, and reflections kept on a regular basis; a diary.

di·a·ry (d-r)n. pl. di·a·ries
1. A daily record, especially a personal record of events, experiences, and observations; a journal.

Silly man... I am right! *lol*

2 comments:

WendyCarole said...

I love this journal you are making.
I have a friend that writes list upon list. I think her lists probably have lists LOL

Pumpkin said...

Huh! I thought they were the same thing!