2.26.2009

just a bit ..

of catching up, while on my lunch time ...

our home computer is almost all better! then i'll be able to upload pictures & do all kinds of things i truly miss... but i'm grateful t's able to do all he can with our computer 'cause it sure isn't anything i want to learn. (lol)

i sat last night & finished 4 pages for apad ... more to do by this weekend so i can be caught up, since march 1 is on sunday! how did it get here so fast? but, i have my second low impact aerobics class tonight. will i be able to move afterwards? it feels good to become aware once again of long-unused muscles - ok, psychologically, it feels good. literally, ouch!! but i'm going to persevere ... i'mgoingtoi'mgoingtoi'mgoingto ...

do you do any altered art? of any sort? may i pick your brain? ;o) yeah, i'm wanting to expand my horizons & am so enamored with tim holtz & others like him. i'm going to make my first real purchases of grungeboard (for my next apad journal) & alcohol inks & whatever i can find this weekend. may have to make a trip to one of my fav bead stores, too, since i've just realized they carry the chain & such i'm wanting to look at ... ok, i can't do everything at once, right? *hands on hips* well, why not??? but, anyway - any suggestions for places and/or supplies? i've got my journal pretty much planned in my head but if you've experience with grungeboard & the inks (alcohol or distress) or glimmer mists or whatever - share, please? i'm feeling like an empty sponge here - ready to soak it all up, so i can squeegy it all back out onto paper & metals & fragments andandand.... (how's that for an image??? *lol*)































3 comments:

Sandy said...

I love your pages! They are great. I'm having so much fun with these classes.

I'll be anxious to look and see the answers you get from your questions. :) I want to know too.

Pumpkin said...

Beautiful journal entries Nancy :o) I'm sure whatever you come across, you'll be good at it.

Lydia said...

Looks like you're doing a beautiful job ! Ever look on the ground while getting in or out of a car? I've found some neat old chains, bottle caps, etc. I guess you use a bit of gesso, huh?

I find tons of cool inexpensive things for altered art in thrift and antique shoppes:)