2.27.2009

Yum!

Hot cross buns,
One a penny buns,
One a penny,
Two a penny,
Hot cross buns.











It's Lent ... which, at least in our house, also means it's hot cross bun time. We've bought ours at Resch's Bakery* for as long as I can remember. We've tried them from other bakeries & grocery stores ... and Resch's are just the best. My mom likes these so much she buys enough to freeze some for after Lent!

Do you have any Lenten traditions? Many of us give something up for the 6 weeks of Lent ... I remember the struggle it was as a kid to decide what I was willing to part with for 6 whole weeks!

* In looking Resch's up online, I stumbled across an awesome Flickr site - Vannah Von Sally's - awesome photos of "local" landmarks & such! In the few minutes I've browsed this morning, she's stirred up a lot of memories. Can't wait to browse more & grab some of her photos for my journals!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

We don't really celebrate Lent but I could go for some of those buns right now. I'm sure it would make me all warm full and toasty. It's going to be a long day.

I'll have to go and look at the photos on her flickr.

Hope your day goes great.

Pumpkin said...

Yum! I haven't had hot cross buns for a few years now. Great...now I want some! LOL!

Lydia said...

In the Eastern Orthodox faith, we give up meat, dairy, and more during lent. Luckily Vegan's have developed tons of new yummy recipes:)

Today was our Forgiveness Sunday where you ask all for forgiveness, and tomorrow starts our Lent for this year, as our Easter is 19 April this year-so forgive me:)

Lydia said...

But, I forgot to mention, that the Russian Orthodox have just the yummiest Easter desserts! They are so worth waiting for:)