3.22.2009

ahhhh... hear the quiet?

We had a crazy fun busy weekend ...

Friday, I celebrated a friend's 48th birthday with her - dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, then went to another friend's house to chat & laugh. We had wonderful waitstaff at CPK as well as great food - fun times! I finally had a mojito - a raspberry one (ok, two) at that - very yummy!

Saturday, family came to stay until today - but I managed to get my APAD journal cover totally finished! WHOO HOO! And tonight, I finally did a few pages of the journaling. I'm still behind but that's a no-sweat thing. I tweaked my knee Friday (ah, the joys of getting older!) so I won't be going to aerobics tomorrow night - so maybe I'll get more pages done. *fingers crossed*


















Last weekend at European Papers, I picked up 2 of these tin hearts & 2 that are stars. Friday, I played with this one, using a new glaze I got at EP. I like this but want to play with something different ... maybe some bigger beads, maybe some paper ... who knows?







Last night, T made a boiled dinner - ham, potatoes, cabbage, carrots - that was scrumptious as always. We were 6 for dinner - T's cousin & his girlfriend, T's "brother" & his ex-wife. We had a blast, swapping stories, watching CBJ beat the Panthers (YEA!), sharing a wonderful white cherry wine I got in Michigan last summer ... wonderful, wonderful evening.

This morning was a lazy breakfast, newspaper reading, coffee drinking ... K got rescued from college this weekend by her dad (her boyfriend's car died Friday, so he wasn't able to visit her at college - horror!), so L & I went over to see her for a bit - then M&L headed home. T's brother came over for the afternoon - we planned out our gardens, then I snuck up here, worked in my journal, caught up with Sandy. Now ... it's soooooo nice & quiet.

How the heck did tomorrow loom on the horizon so fast???

4 comments:

Sandy said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I know Mondays come around rather quickly don't they?

I'm sorry you hurt your knee. I hope it feels better quick. I love the heart and all your new pages on your flickr. You're making some great art. And your cover for your journal is just beautiful. you did a great job on it.

Hope your week is nice and smooth....

Penny Duncan Creations said...

Your cover came out absolutely gorgeous!!!! I enjoyed looking at your pages as well!!!
Penny Duncan

Pumpkin said...

Nicely done Nancy! I hope your knee feels better soon though :o(

Anne said...

Cool journal pages! :-)