3.12.2009

I survived!

Yes, I am here to tell you I survived last night's Saving Abel/Seether/Nickelback concert! (not Saving Jane, as I typed the other day - sorry, Jamie!) The music was AWESOME, from all 3 groups! Of course, Nickelback was best but they were all well worth standing in general admission. Hopefully, I'll upload pictures tonight to share.

We went to Buca di Beppo first for dinner - good food, incredibly bad service. Walked across to Nationwide for the concert, stood in the frigid wind with all of the other general admission people, got searched, tagged, allowed to go in. (So how did the people smoking pot near us get that in? *lol*) Standing with a mass of other people wasn't terrible, some of the time. Some of the time, I wanted to claw my way out & not look back. I might have expected to see some of the younger (i.e., late teens, 20's) people being wild in one way or another - but last night, it was far more the older adults (especially those 40-ish & up) who were just stupid. Drinking too much. Shoving their way through anyone to get where they wanted to be 'cause we all know they were more important than those of us who'd gotten there earlier & gotten our spots. And then there was the white supremist-tude guy I was standing next to - in his full regalia of piercings everywhere, black clothing, etc .. yeah, what a sweetheart. He was bragging about throwing rocks at the people in Columbus' gay rights parade. Oh, how I wanted to say "and what do I get to do since you have all of these piercings & therefore YOU are different?". I don't care about the piercings - anymore than I care about if someone's gay or green or whatever. I cared about what he said. And there was the woman who'd driven from New York for this concert, because she "got free tickets". Yeah. Whatever ....

I'm so glad we went .... wonderful music, great entertainment...

2 comments:

Shelleen said...

I love Nickelback and glad to hear that you enjoyed the music.

Pumpkin said...

I'm SOOOOOOO jealous! I bet it was fantastic despite the ambiance ;o)