3.17.2009

Top o' the morning to ya!


'Tis a fine day for the wearin' of the green! And might you have something in your attire today that 'tis green?

One of the joys of working in the accounting field is the inability to have time off during tax season ... but, there have been years when my boss would grant me the day off so I could be with my then-family, watching the St. Patrick's Day parade, partying at The Family Reunion - and what fun times they were! Since this year, I'm here, chained to my desk (lol), I'll watch "The Quiet Man" tonight while sipping an Irish coffee. John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara - what a wonderful combination! Of course, I've always said John's character was a relative of mine ... do you know John's name in The Quiet Man? His last name is my maiden name. (Shoot .. I should have had some sort of giveaway for that question! Talk about being brain-addled! Ok ... if I can think of something to give, I'll draw names tomorrow morning ...)

Have a blessed St. Patrick's Day!

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

3 comments:

Summer Gypsy said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Nancy!!!! Wish we could all take the day off and celebrate at the "pub."
Irish blessings,
Marilyn

Sandy said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you Nancy. Even if it's one day late. I didn't even check my blog list yesterday. LOL It was a busy day.

And I looked it up. Was it Trooper Thornton? I've never seen the movie but now I'll have to see if I can rent it because Randy is always making me watch these films like this. LOL

Pumpkin said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day Nancy!