3.29.2009

Will our garden ever get tilled again?

T has tilled our garden space once, early this past week. Since then, we've been busy or it's rained. It was supposed to rain yesterday - but it didn't - and, as it was, other things kept T from getting out there anyway. But guess was it was doing at 4:43am today? Raining! A lot! The sun was shining when I got up at 8am, but ... the clouds are moving back in. *sigh*

The clouds & rain are rather apropos anyway ... Yesterday morning we got a phone call that one of T's best friends, a man he's known since high school, was in a local hospital in critical condition, he'd been in an accident. T went to the hospital, only to find out our friend had just passed. M went to school with T's older sister, then when they were all on their 'southeast vacation' (in Vietnam), the 2 of them & 3 other guys from their neighborhood all happened upon one another. Of the 5, my T is now the last surviving man.

Last night, another of T's friends called to let us know his mother, too, had passed away yesterday. She'd been very ill & it was not unexpected, but, still ...

And we've all heard of deaths coming in 3's, so of course we were wondering who else ... then this morning's paper reported the death of the ex-husband of one of my mom's best friends, the father of my grade/high school best friend.

To top it all off, I received a jury duty summons yesterday. *sigh* I'm not adverse to doing my civic duty, but it asks I report at a time that's not good with my work schedule, so we'll see what happens.

Yep, a day that won't soon be forgotten....

On a good note for the day, K & I went to the scrapbooking expo yesterday morning - and I got to meet Wendy Vecchi of Studio 490! I acted like a total geek (OMG! You're Wendy!!)! I did get my picture taken with her, so I'll share that & a few other photos later.

If you are so inclined, please add my T to your prayers or whatever ... this is going to be a hard week for him. Thank you.

4 comments:

Summer Gypsy said...

"When it rains, it pours!" You two have had your share of rain the last day or so. I will keep you both in my prayers that all will be better. I do believe that deaths come in 3's. Someone you know, someone whom you know "knows," and someone who has no connection to you. My gardening is on hold, too. After lots of rain and lots of warm weather, spring has decided to stay away awhile longer. Our hig today might reach 50, and the low tonight is in the 30's. Spring is a fickle lady!!! You take care!
Hugs,
Marilyn

Pumpkin said...

Nancy, I'm SO sorry to hear you and T have had such a hard week :o( Big hugs go out to both of you!

I'm sure you were nothing but your wonderful self :o)

Sandy said...

Again I'm so sorry about T's friend. I'll be praying for him and you too.

I'm so glad you got to meet Wendy and that you had a great time Sat. with K.

I hope this week is good and that maybe the jury summons gets turned around.

Lydia said...

My prayers are with you and T, and all the families.

But, you must remember, that when the deaths come in 3's, the births do also, so be looking out for them !:) We've had that here as well. Waiting for the 3rd birth:)