4.18.2009

A new venture


I did it! I made a heart from plexiglass - thanks to Tonia!

We had so much fun - and learned so much. The class that was supposed to last 1 hour ran well over into 2 hours, everyone was playing so much. (ok, can I say "so much" enough?) Tonia's a great instructor & everyone worked together, sharing ideas, opinions, etc. Tonia showed us pieces from her Etsy shop as well as from the classes she'll be teaching at the bead show in Milwaukee next month - oh, would I like to be in those classes!

Did I think to take pictures of us all? Heck, no ... Or pictures of others' creations? Again ... heck, no! I do need to take a picture of the wonderful bracelet Lisa made for me - THANK YOU, Lisa! I love it! (And it was great meeting you & Mary!)

I've not yet decided if I'm heading back to Artiscape today for the Marketplace. There were so many outstanding pieces brought in for the silent auction tonight ... I'm afraid of how tempted I'd be by what I'm sure are awesome pieces at the Marketplace. We'll see ... it may be a day for working in the garden, which would, with rain coming in tomorrow, take precedence ...

Hope you have a beautiful Saturday!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hello! I had such a great time and owe you many thanks for helping me through the sawing portion of the heart project!! :)

Your piece turned out great! I love how you inked the edges of the attached shrink plastic word on the heart.

I'd love to see a pic of your friend Vicki's finished project too. If you have one, send it on over. Hope we get to craft again another time! Thanks for the fun and friendship!

Sandy said...

That is just awesome! I'm so glad you had a great time and got to meet Tonia. She's so sweet. I would have loved to have been there but we were here eating crawfish instead and celebrating. LOL I hope you got some work done or some rest whichever you needed. :)

Lisa said...

Hi Nancy! I wanted to let you know I mentioned your blog for the Kreative Award. Thanks again for a great time Friday! http://abeadaday.blogspot.com/

Anne said...

Hi, Nancy! So glad you enjoyed your class! Looks like you got great results, too! :-)

Pumpkin said...

My goodness girl! You're onto something else???? It doesn't surprise me though and it turned out beautiful :o)