4.05.2009

the one & only

Somehow, we have ONE tulip in our yard. Not sure "who" dropped it here a couple of years ago, but I'm sure glad to see it come back this year!









We did a lot of garden work today. I got all of the flower gardens cleaned out, things cut back, started planning what I want to plant where this year. I love seeing my perennials greening up - peonies, bleeding heart, daylilies, lemon balm ...

T got the vegetable garden tilled again, the grasses cut down & bundled for the trash pickup - and the onion sets planted. The rhubarb's looking great!

Now .. if the predicted snow for the next couple of days would just stay away ...

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi there! I love the one tulip! I visited my parents house yesterday (they're still in Fla.) and there are lots of volunteer violets and other wild flowers growing in their flower beds. They look gorgeous actually!! They live in the woods, so it's not a big surprise! I made a necklace with the key for artiscape. I had some Rings&Things beads they sent me to blog about and thought it would be a great way to complete 2 projects!! One minute I love it, the next minute, I think, hmm, is that sort of strange? Waiting till Saturday to post it. I am also hoping the white stuff stays away! Have a good one! Lisa C.

Mary said...

Nancy,

It's a little early to work in the gardens here, but if I hadn't taken the grandsons to the Rock & Gem Show, I would have cleaned out all the debris.

Last year dozens of gold finches nested around my daughter's house. Everytime we went out on the back deck, we would see them swooping around. I hope they return this year.

It was a beautiful day here, but they're calling for snow flurries tomorrow, but no accumulation.

Enjoy your week, my friend.
Blessings,
Mary

Pumpkin said...

I'm SO jealous to hear about your gardening! I'm eager to have a yard now where DH and I can do something.

inge said...

Snow ?

it's raining cats and dogs here in Belgium after a few really sunny springdays :(

I worked in the garden too and spring is already showing a lot of tulips in my garden...

thanks for passing by at pinkepinke and your comment to my tin !
Now I don't have any reason to toss out any other ugly containers....

greetings from Belgiu
Inge

Sandy said...

Love the green and the one tulip. It's so pretty. That's my favorite color green. It's everywhere around here. I can't wait to have some flowers one day soon....

Lydia said...

Being a Palm Sunday baby, I love Tulips so very much. :)

Maybe a sign of life aftyer this hard winter?