5.13.2009

A beautiful day


Yesterday was a storybook gorgeous day! Even the ice cream man thought so, as you can see him passing by on the street behind us. I have to admit, with so many things disappearing or changing from when I was a child, it's sweet to hear the ice cream man driving around our neighborhood. What memories!

You also have a peak here at our vegetable garden. T replaced the zucchini & cucumber plants yesterday - something was eating at them & it wasn't us! I weeded & thinned out the radishes after work. (Weeding is very therapeutic, you know!) And whatever was eating the lettuce has stopped, so 3 plants are working hard to produce for us. I'm still not sure what my lavender thinks of being transplanted - I'm keeping an eye on it & my fingers crossed. Now to have more sunny days so the tomatoes will perk up! And T's rhubarb is going crazy! I'll have to get pictures of it to share.

Does the ice cream man still drive through your neighborhood? I'd love to hear one of your childhood memories...

4 comments:

J for Jendetta said...

Nancy, thank you endlessly for you comment and support! I love the name of your blog, it seems like that is always the case!! Lots of love!!

Queenly Things said...

We have the Mexican paletas carts that roam through the area selling popsicles and ice cream bars. They each have a little tingly bell they ring and it is definitely one of the sounds of sunny weather.

Pumpkin said...

Gardening already???? Wow!

Sniff :o( I haven't seen an ice cream person in a l-o-n-g time.

WendyCarole said...

The icecream man doesn't come to our street we hear him all around but are never sure quite where he is.