5.05.2009

ooouuuucccchhhhhh

Ah, the joys of having joints & muscles & pieces parts that don't work quite as they used to ...

Last week, I re-tweaked my knee. Ok, no big deal. Just wait for it to go back to normal.

But, noooooo .... Sunday, I stepped down onto a step & POP! Then I sat down on said step & cried, as much because it physically hurt (and it DID) as because my body's slowly but surely getting older. *hands on hips* I swear, I didn't think it'd happen to ME! Yeah, uh huh ... right ...

So, Sunday was spent with my leg elevated, ice packs, muscle relaxants ... and thank heaven, K & I had stopped at Barnes & Noble on Saturday! Yesterday, I still had trouble putting any weight on my leg but I didn't need Mom's walker to get around ... went to the doctor, had an x-ray done. He doesn't see "anything" right now, but if the swelling & all doesn't improve markedly in a couple of weeks, I'll be getting an MRI.

Today, I'm at work ... limping around ... but being a good employee. (Aren't you impressed? *lol*)

6 comments:

Shelleen said...

ouch is right, take care of yourself.

Anne said...

Hi, Nancy! Owwwie! Sorry your knee hurts! Hope it feels better soon! :-)

Sandy said...

I hope you're feeling better this morning and work goes well. No MRI I'm crossing my fingers for you. :)

Lisa said...

Very impressed, but I'd be milking it for a few days off! :) Take care!

Pumpkin said...

Oh Nancy, I'm sorry to hear this :o( ((((HUGS)))) Take care of yourself.

Lydia said...

Did your knee come out of joint?

Anywho, if you like natural things that actually work and work well, may I recommend 'Bones, Flesh, and Cartilage', made by Nature's Way. OK, I'm not dispensing 'medical advice without a license'- suffice it to say that when I broke my foot(stress fracture no less- not very nice), I healed in under 3 months, and possibly under 2, to my Doctor's amazement.

I followed the directions, also took arnica religiously for pain in pellet form, and in cream form. I elevated the leg, and used ice. Also did some Rescue Remedy, which is great for right after the trauma, but also good to speed the healing process. (Spray/oil and cream)

My neighbor also broke his ankle in multiple areas from a motorcycle accident, and asked me what I'd done. He followed it and healed in record time as well.

Vitamin Shop has great prices and knows me well. Have been into homeopathy for about 20 years now. Probably about the time I think I got my first Lyme tick bite, but didn't know it. Took care of things homeopathically, which made my immune system really great,but also good at hiding the Lyme.

Sorry to digress-hope you're well on your mending way:) !!! Great art work:D