6.16.2009

3 months 3 weeks 3 days!

Oh, yeah! Counting down the days to Mexico!! And how could I not commemorate 3 months 3 weeks 3 days? ;-) (Are we there yet???)

Have been doing a bit of blog surfing today (yep, bored at work - ssshhh!). So my question for you is, how do you get those wonderful images onto ATC's & collages & such - looking so wonderfully "clean"? Do you use a paper transfer technique? If so, what's your favorite way to do the transfer? Any suggestions, recommendations for me? I think it's time I try this - I have seen some great digital images, but the thought of cutting them out stopped me cold. (Boy, can you tell I'm a newbie at techniques??? ) So, after I get a few more pieces of jewelry made this week, I'm going back to my ATC's ... time to get messy!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Girl I have no idea on transfers but I'm counting down with you. :) Whoop Whoop. So excited for you, it just keeps reminding me that as the time gets closer I will be attending football games and our Fair. LOL.

I'll keep reminding you.....

Helena said...

I'm blog surfing too! LOL! Followed your link from Dawn Bibby's blog.

My brother lives and works in Mexico City, as a teacher. He really enjoys it there, he loves it. So I can see why you are counting down!

Lydia said...

I would do the prep work, then scan and make layers in Photoshop, or manually.

I actually do lots of manual work. You have control. Just make duplicates and you lose nothing. In Photoshop you can erase areas. But, I make copies a lot, and cut a really fine line w/ease, so...

Anne said...

Hi, Nancy! A trip to Mexico sounds fabulous! I would be counting down the days, too! Hope you have sooooo much fun! :-)

Pumpkin said...

Oh lucky you!!!! I can only imagine how excited you are :o)