7.29.2009

A bit of catching up...


A week ago, we took off for Michigan to visit our sons & their families in northern Michigan (ok, they're actually T's sons, but that makes them mine, too! lol). We had a GREAT time, relaxing, getting away from it all... The guys & our oldest granddaughter went canoeing one day while the rest of us (DIL, K, grandkids) went into Traverse City to shop & eat. I bought a few beads (yes, a FEW) at Nobbins - a nice bead store in TC - though I've not created anything with them yet. Our DIL bought beads & began a hemp/bead necklace for herself, as her pregnancy keeps her from wearing anything with nickle remotely in it. Now I want to play with macrame, too! ;-)

Anyway ... didn't do any crafting beyond making button bracelets for the grandgirls. So, of course, I'd begun having withdrawal issues. Tonight, I sat and finally made a tag for the "Christmas in July" contest in AllThingsTim. We were to pick one of his 2007 or 2008 Christmas tag techniques & make a non-Christmas version. My fingers are crossed that I win - I'd win an autographed (Tim, of course!) denim tote bag!

Now I'm off to harvest on FarmTown ... Facebook games are way too addicting!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hi, Nancy! Lovely tag! Good luck! :-)

Pumpkin said...

Sounds like you had a lovely time :o) I'd like to see a FEW of those beads that you purchased. LOL!

LOVE the tag! Fingers crossed that you win!

Sandy said...

LOL, glad you had a fun time and yes FB games are very addicitve.