7.20.2009

Bounty!

Today's garden pictures, looking northeast, then southwest. The first shows our crookneck squash and miles (lol) of tomatoes. The second shows the potatoes, carrots, peppers & melons. MELONS are taking over everywhere!


I've canned 24 pints of beans & we've had dinner with freshly picked beans. I couldn't tell you how many zucchini we've shredded & frozen so far & they're still coming on. The cherry & grape tomatoes are going crazy & are super tasty!
















And "my" sunflowers are growing beautifully! I planted our first packet - these blood red ones. Tom planted the second packet - about 4 plants are up, though not anywhere as far along as mine. Of course mine are better! (HA!)

4 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Holy cow! That's quite the garden! I've heard a lot of people around here complaining because the weather has been terrible for growing. I guess you haven't had that problem ;o)

Those sunflowers are beautiful.

Anne said...

Hi, Nancy! You're certainly having a bountiful harvest! We have 1 cherry tomato and 1 big boy tomato plant and some herbs growing in our garden at the moment. Not quite the harvest that you're having! But the cilantro and basil are nice in our meals and my hubby is greatly enjoying the fresh tomatoes. Sounds like you're working hard at the moment ... but that fresh-frozen zucchini and the canned beans will be so nice this winter!

By the way, I've nominated you for The Circle of Friends Blog Award as part of my first blogoversary celebration. I appreciate your frequent visits and comments! It means so much! :-)

Lydia said...

yummy vegies in the winter. Lucky, lucky!

Brian K said...

Wow! Beautiful garden! Reminds me of my Mom's garden as a kid growing up in Montana! Now I just grow flowers and tomatoes(tomatoes in a large pot).