7.07.2009

Fun times!


Well, the photos haven't gone on here in order, but ... it works ...

I survived my reunion! Actually, I had a blast! So, to go backwards...

Sunday, one of my classmates hosted a brunch for us at his home in an area of my childhood 'burb that I'd never visited. His home is incredible! Warm, comfortable ... with walls covered in all sorts of glorious artwork. It was a wonderful background to a relaxed gathering of about half of the Friday night group. Thank you, Mike!

I love the smiles these 3 have! Delia - the one on the left - joined us in high school, as her family moved into the US from Ireland. Linda - the one in the middle - has been a friend since 4th grade. She hesitated about going Sunday, but ended up having fun (as I knew she would!) after all. Debbie - the one on the right - has also been a friend since 4th grade. Hers was the first home I ever visited that had it's own in-ground pool - very cool! Debbie & I have found, as adults, we have a joint interest in jewelry making - fun times ahead for us!



Had to include a photo of my mom, of course! Linda (above) invited us to watch the parade at her daughter's home, on the parade route - wonderful seats! (Thanks, Linda & family!) The 4th was my dad's birthday ... I'm glad we could make it into a fun, memorable day again. (Dad always said the parades & fireworks were just for him ... yeah, sure ... lol)






Part of our high school's traditions is the reunion-ing years ride floats of some sort in the parade. I chose to watch this year, rather than ride/walk ... This shows part of our group.











This, finally, is from Friday night ... me with Linda, a friend since junior high. Hmmm...guess I need to copy some of the photos Debbie took that night - hers were much better.








Sunday, after the brunch, we visited with a friend who'd not attended any of the festivities. I'd not seen Penny since high school, I think ... I am very glad we went to see her & look forward to seeing her again soon. As one of our group said as we left & talked about going out to dinner as a group, soon: we are one another's histories. There is no reason to wait another 5 or 10 years to see one another again, especially when many of us live in this area still. So, we won't! At the very least, we're planning to have a joint 60th birthday party in 2 years ... bring it on!

4 comments:

Pumpkin said...

Glad to hear you has such a great time :o) Love the photos!

Sandy said...

I'm so glad you had a great time. You looked wonderful, I saw more photos on your facebook. :) And your Mom looks great too, those earrings she has on are adorable, I know I have a pair. :) I love reunions and catching up with friends, so much fun. It really makes life worthwhile doesn't it? So glad you and Debbie will be making jewelry together.

Anne said...

Hi, Nancy! So glad you had a wonderful time! Looks like fun! :-)

Nancy said...

Thanks, all! I did indeed have fun!